Sunday, January 12, 2014

Glittery Glue (Pinterest)

This is basic craft, but super addicting. 
Basically you find some glitter you like (I have found that I prefer super fine glitter because it takes fewer coats, isn't lumpy & doesn't stick out from the item).
I just use modge podge, you can also use watered down Elmer's glue. I take a bowl and line it with tin foil and add your glitter, add it slowly because you still want the glue to be 'runny', you don't want to put in to much glitter and create a paste. 
Then using a foam brush (you get better coverage) apply the glittery glue. Let it dry so that you can see spots that need to be touched up, should only take 3 coats max. When not in use leave the brush in the bowl and cover with tin foil, making sure to wrap it around the brush, so it won't dry out. 

 Glittery glue

 First coat

 Up close.
 Final product
This is a jar that I couldn't find a lid that fit. I used glitter that looked like little slivers, I really like the glitter, but it doesn't lay flat and is chunky in some spots, which is why I prefer super fine glitter. 


SIDE NOTE: 
If you don't have the time to do this in one day, you are in luck. If you wrap and cover the glittery glue it will keep for about 2 days if you don't use it, otherwise if you do nothing with it for 3 days plus it will harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment