Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cleaning List (Pinterest)



I tend to be a messy person, organized, yet still messy. But in the past 2 or 3 years as I have become more organized, however I get frustrated when I do everyday cleaning work, because I would feel overwhelmed.

So I decided to combine 2 of my favorite things: lists & organization.

I wrote down any chore I could think of that I had to do as a kid and now as a homeowner. After that I broke the list down further of how often they should be done. When I was finished I had a pretty stellar list. It makes cleaning easy because I can section out what I need to do over the month, rather than cramming all of the hard stuff into a weekend. My husband loves the list also because he can find something to do and help me out. Keep in mind this list is tailored specifically for my house, but the basics are there.

As you'll see in the photos below I have the notebook open for a full month, breaking down to: daily, twice a week, weekly, twice a month & monthly. For the weekly and twice a week I wrote down how many were in the list so that I wouldn't overwhelm myself. I did the same for the monthly, but just averaging out how many things to do a week, for the same reason.

There are somethings like changing the air filter that only need to be done every few months but I wrote those down in the months they need to be done. Mainly because we didn't change the filter for our first year and it was yucky and you notice a big difference when it is changed when it is supposed to be. I also have replace the shower curtain, wash out the dog kennel in the every 3 month list, but they aren't all in the same 3 months. Just to keep it evenly spaced.

I have realized through making this list how particular I am with things, but I am grateful that I finally after 28 understand how I work, and how I can make myself better.

I hope this template will be helpful for some. I will also post other links since others like to work room by room.



Room by room
Weekly Checklist
Mother of all checklists

No comments:

Post a Comment