Saturday, August 17, 2013

Brown Sugar Oatmeal Packets (Pinterest)




I love brown sugar oatmeal, but knew that I was spending too much on the pre-made stuff. Thankfully I found a way to spend a fraction of what I was spending before. Rather than spending almost $5 for a value pack of 18. I spent about the same amount for about 60 packets. The only reason it was $5 is because I bought small plastic containers to eat them in. 
I bought quick oats from Wal-mart as well as small ziploc bowls. Then I just put together 5 bowls together on Sunday for the whole week! Easy peasy! The only adjustment was the taste was a little different, I am sure that the pre-packaged mix has more flavoring. However I found my diy version was more filling for some reason. 



DIY BROWN SUGAR OATMEAL PACKETS
42 oz quick oats
1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar
In small containers (or snack bags): add 1/2 cup oats & 2 TBSP brown sugar
To serve 3/4 cup of water or milk

SIDE NOTE: I personally only like the brown sugar oatmeal. But here is a link with a few other variations.
More DIY oatmeal packets


No comments:

Post a Comment