Saturday, March 23, 2013

Heart Bracelet (Pinterest)

 I'm sure you have seen the cute wire bracelet with a heart on one end and a hook on the other, so that it makes a cute bracelet? Well I thought I'd give it a try.
I will warn you ahead of time, I don't make jewelery. I can string some beads and tie clasps on things, but this isn't something I have even tried.
I got this wire at the dollar store. It was just labeled as floral wire, but wasn't a weak wire. So I figured for a $1 why not try it out?
So you take a few inches from one end, fold in half and bend into a 'hook'. For some of this I needed some pliers to get the wire close together.
 

From there you take the other end and shape it into a heart, that was the hardest part for me, and I had to make 3 to make it look like the above photo.
I really like the idea and think that I will keep trying until I can get it down, and then I will go get some better wire from a craft store! 

No comments:

Post a Comment