Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Roast (Pinterest)

So I am going to just be 100% honest. I am an amazing wife. But I fail in one area. COOKING. I am decent at it, I'm just not a fan. I would much rather pay to eat out. Baking is more my game. (which is funny, because 99.8% of the time I never eat what I bake)
  
But I want to have some easy meals in my back pocket, for those times that we just want a good ol' home cooked meal.
 
I love cooking with my crock pot, there is nothing better that throwing some food in, turning it on, and coming home to a house that smells delicious and the food is even better.
 
This roast was easy peasy and super duper yummy!!! This is definitely a keeper. In fact it is so good we are making it again tonight and we just tried it about 10 days ago.
 
 
Pot Roast:
2-5 lbs roast (since there are only 2 of us, we did a 1.5 lb roast)
1 envelope each: brown gravy, ranch & italian dressing (I mixed all 3 together & used 2/3 of the mix)
 
Put enough potatoes and carrots to cover the bottom of the crock pot, place roast on top. Sprinkle the 3 packets over top, add water and cook on low for 6-10 hours. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment